Disappearing inbox

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by gid, Oct 30, 2011.

1. gid

gid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An email momentarily appears in my iPad inbox and instantly disappears from it leaving it blank.
    The inbox is @me.com which is the same as mac.com.
    It also is present on my desktop MAC which may be a factor. But the emails remain on my desktop. Why not on my iPad.
    Please if you reply to forum send a copy to gedeon_hATmeDOTcom - this an email address which I can not write properly as this will not send if I do so please write it properly when you use it. Note the underscore_between the n and h in my name.
    Gedeon

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    The problem is usually caused by the fact that you've set up your Mac to download emails and then remove them from the server. So they're downloaded, say, to your iPad and then to your Mac, which then removes them from the server. If you have your iPad set up as IMAP (which it will be by default for a me.com address) then your iPad is simply a virtual window on to the email server. So, to begin with, the email was there and the iPad 'sees' it. Then your Mac accesses the account and removes the email, so the iPad can no longer see it.

Tim