What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing App Problem

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Pandora on my Ipad 2 a few days ago. I set it down waiting for it to install, came back a few minutes later and the app was not there and had been deleted. When I try to reinstall it in the app store, it says it's already and installed but I don't have the app. I went on iTunes and it is checked as an app that is on my Ipad. I try dragging it and syncing it besides my other apps, but it didn't work either. I've not had this problem with any other app, any advice on how to fix this issue and get the app?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aidan said:
I installed Pandora on my Ipad 2 a few days ago. I set it down waiting for it to install, came back a few minutes later and the app was not there and had been deleted. When I try to reinstall it in the app store, it says it's already and installed but I don't have the app. I went on iTunes and it is checked as an app that is on my Ipad. I try dragging it and syncing it besides my other apps, but it didn't work either. I've not had this problem with any other app, any advice on how to fix this issue and get the app?

Is it on a secondary home screen? Swipe to your left on main screen to move to secondary home screens. If main screen had no room for the icon it will create an additional home screen

Also use spotlight search.....see if that locates it. Swipe right on home screen for spotlight search.

OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried both of those suggestions, still can't find it.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aidan said:
Tried both of those suggestions, still can't find it.

Hmmmm ........

Go to Settings/General/Usage. Wait for applications to populate the list.

See if pandora is there. If it is swipe right on it then delete it.

If it isn't on the list post back here and we will nuke it in itunes

OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see any "Usage" option under General. Let's just nuke it. :p

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aidan said:
I don't see any "Usage" option under General. Let's just nuke it. :p

Is your iPad jail broken?

If so check SBSettings to see if icon is hidden.

Last edited:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question......do you have age restrictions turned on? If so disable and check for icon again

Last edited:

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many home screens do you have? There is a limit of 11 home screens (20 apps per screen) in iOs, and if you have more apps than will fit on the home screens, you won't see the icons. I had that issue yesterday while installing apps to my wife's new iPhone. After moving a good portion of them into folders, and doing a power off/on, the extra ones showed up. They would always show up in the spotlight and in iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question......do you have age restrictions turned on? If so disable and check for icon again
No my Ipad is not jail broken and no I don't have restrictions on.

OP
Aidan

Aidan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many home screens do you have? There is a limit of 11 home screens (20 apps per screen) in iOs, and if you have more apps than will fit on the home screens, you won't see the icons. I had that issue yesterday while installing apps to my wife's new iPhone. After moving a good portion of them into folders, and doing a power off/on, the extra ones showed up. They would always show up in the spotlight and in iTunes.
I only have 4 but I turned off and then turned on my ipad and now the app is there.

Thanks guys. :D

Most reactions