What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disapearing emails

Honeyblondegal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chocolate box village near Stone Henge, UK
Hi, I have a'new iPad' (3), and still learning how to use it, with very few clues!!i did think I was doing ok, but my emails from the inbox keep disapearing, found old threads with several ideas how to solve the problem dated dec 2011 -jan 2012. Has a solution been found by any chance????
Thanks for your help

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honeyblondegal said:
Hi, I have a'new iPad' (3), and still learning how to use it, with very few clues!!i did think I was doing ok, but my emails from the inbox keep disapearing, found old threads with several ideas how to solve the problem dated dec 2011 -jan 2012. Has a solution been found by any chance????
Thanks for your help

Are you accessing this email account from a second device?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

Hi there-

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honeyblondegal said:
Hi, not using a phone, have windows lap top, so using iPad for email and loosing unread emails, very worrying

Check Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/Accounts/select problem account/advanced/deleted messages/delete from server/SET TO NEVER

OP
H

Honeyblondegal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly, emails have gone again, looks like I will be taking my iPad back to the shop if I have not gone past the return date. It is pointless keeping it. Do you have any other ideas? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, many thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honeyblondegal said:
Sadly, emails have gone again, looks like I will be taking my iPad back to the shop if I have not gone past the return date. It is pointless keeping it. Do you have any other ideas? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, many thanks

It's not an iPad issue. It's a setup issue.

Let's start from scratch.

Tell me where else this email account is setup and how you access it. Who is the provider? Yahoo, Gmail?, etc

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:

Tell me where else this email account is setup and how you access it. Who is the provider? Yahoo, Gmail?, etc

And are the emails present when you check from your laptop?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

Honeyblondegal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:

Hi, email is also on 2 laptops,, both working ok. The emails that disappear from iPad r on the lap tops. Broadband started with 'homecall, which was taken over by pipex then recently by talk talk -still using original 'homecall' address. Have pop account. Emails come in, sometimes are there for several days, even a week, but this weekend, some on stayed an hour!

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honeyblondegal said:
Hi, email is also on 2 laptops,, both working ok. The emails that disappear from iPad r on the lap tops. Broadband started with 'homecall, which was taken over by pipex then recently by talk talk -still using original 'homecall' address. Have pop account. Emails come in, sometimes are there for several days, even a week, but this weekend, some on stayed an hour!

One or both of those laptops is set to delete emails on the server when received on the laptop. The iPad is replicating what is or isn't in the sever side mail box not what is on the laptops hence the differences. Check email settings on the laptops and post back.

OP
H

Honeyblondegal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
One or both of those laptops is set to delete emails on the server when received on the laptop. The iPad is replicating what is or isn't in the sever side mail box not what is on the laptops hence the differences. Check email settings on the laptops and post back.

Hi, not sure if I know what to look for but Take a look. It's late now will post back tomorrow, thanks for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts