What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling screen caputre

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope those are just jokes.

Kids are kids. They're inquisitive, they like exploring and a device as accessible as the iPad, they're going to explore.
Its no joke! Let me guess... you don't have any children, do you? Because "kids are kids" and because they are inquisitive, that is precisely why someone needs to be an adult and set some sort of limits and boundaries.

Yeah,i'll sit my 3 yo down and discuss the severity of her actions and her blatant disregard of other peoples property during Hello Kitty play.
If you have a 3 year old with the dexterity and fine motor skills to hold down those two buttons in the right order at exactly the right tme, then they absolutely have the mental capacity to understand, "Don't do that!". It doesn't have to be a philosophical discussion. It's called parenting. As my father told me many times (only because I deserved it!), "This household is not a democracy!

I am a parent. I have twins that are almost 6. I understand that you have to say "no, don't do that". I generally don't allow my children to run around like wild people turning on stoves and playing with matches.

But this is an iPad and it's 2 button presses. They're not running around by a pool with slippery concrete while swearing. They hit 2 buttons. Of course they hit those 2 buttons a significant number of times, but still.

I wasn't suggestion to simply say nothing to the children, brush it off like it never happened, however the immediate responses of "DISCIPLINE YOUR CHILDREN!" were unnecessary. Like he said above he didn't come for parenting advice, and even if he had, there was no assessment of the situation. Maybe he said no, but no one asked, they just jumped on their high horses assuming OP is a terrible parent and doesn't know how to properly discipline children.

I'm sure the goal was to ask a question with a light anecdote as to why the question was being asked. A lynching for being a bad parent wasn't an expected outcome, nor should it have been.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, the guy came here looking for a solution to a problem... and that's what he got!

If I want a technical answer to a technical question, I will go to a technical source; like the manufacturer. OTOH, if I want other people's opinions, I will go to an Internet forum!

BTW, father of 3, grandfather of 8!

Wardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Yes, Using the iPhone config utility, you can disable screen captures. You can get it by googling "iphone configuration utility" I can't post links... But I know this works.
:D
Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts