1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Disable message about Acrobat w/GoodReader

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by bradhes, Apr 2, 2011.

1. bradhes

bradhes iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just installed GoodReader and it seems to be working great, but I am getting a message "For best experience, open this PDF Portfolio in Acrobat X or greater" This error takes over the screen. Anyway to disable this message about using Acrobat? I can get past this by hitting MY Documents tab at the top, but need to disable this message about Acrobat.

Brad
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I noted your problem with GoodReader and the PDF file. I guess the message is embedded into the PDF document. Have you tried opening the document in the iPad's native app, iBooks? Does that Adobe message appear when you open it there?

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
    Scotland
  3. bradhes

bradhes iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GoodReader and Acrobat message

The issue is that it is not an ordinary PDF file. It is an Adobe Acrobat Portfolio PDF. So GoodReader is the only thing that can handle Portfolio's done in Acrobat. Funny thing is that not all the iPad users I send it to have that message " for best performance open in Acrobat X or higher"
    Out of 5 people I sent it to, 2 are getting that message and 3 aren't.

Brad
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Sorry for my misunderstanding. It's very puzzling why this problem should only affect certain iPads - that doesn't seem to make any sort of sense at all. Is there any obvious difference between those that display the message and those that don't - i.e. iPad1 and iPad2

Tim
    Scotland
  5. bradhes

bradhes iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GoodReader/Acrobat

All iPads I. Updating the IOS didn't help either.
    Brad