What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

directing where backups are saved.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you point itunes to where you want backups saved?

Peskywabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. But they are in (windows) user/appdata/roaming/apple computer/mobilesync/backup.

Hi, I was directed to your post when I asked how to save a backup before formatting my PC. I made the backup from mobilesync and saved it, formatted the computer, re-installed iTunes but the sub-folder 'mobilesync' is no longer there. The only sub-folders under 'apple computer' are iTunes, Logs and Preferences. Can you help please ?'

Thanks

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was directed to your post when I asked how to save a backup before formatting my PC. I made the backup from mobilesync and saved it, formatted the computer, re-installed iTunes but the sub-folder 'mobilesync' is no longer there. The only sub-folders under 'apple computer' are iTunes, Logs and Preferences. Can you help please ?'

Thanks

Hi. Just make the mobilesync folder manually and copy the backup into it. :) iTunes just hasn't made the folder yet because you haven't synced a device yet, but it'll work fine if you make it manually :)

Most reactions

Latest posts