What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dilink dir 615 and ipad 2 Question

rub198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Question.

Router dilink 615 can see my ipad2 history browsing?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean "Can the router log visited sites?"

Yes, it can, but the logging will probably need to be set up.

OP
R

rub198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I can do for block that? There's any app or something?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need administrator access to the router. You can then check whether logging is enabled. The address for the router will probably be http://192.168.0.1

This will take you to a login screen where you can get into the router. I'm not familiar with this particular router, but the notes down the right side of the screen should help you find your way around. Just don't change anything you're not sure of, because you could find yourself with no internet access.

OP
R

rub198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have hotspot vpn. This not protect me? There's no break? I have to get into the router?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and if you don't have access to it there is no way of knowing how the system administrator has set it up. It is possible for the administrator to receive a daily email of all sites visited, for example, so if it's a company iPad or network, you might want to be a bit careful about where you go on the net. One of our corporate networks is quite restrictive, after someone realized how many visits were to YouTube. Now, no more YouTube on that network.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. Just reread your question. If you are using the hotspot feature of the iPad, it has it's own access to the internet and doesn't go through the router, except for access to the network at the end of the vpn.

So, unless you have to turn your iPad in every now and then, you can pretty well do what you want. HOWEVER, your data use could be monitored if someone else is paying the bill, and the ISP could give the information as to what your SIM card has been used for.

Best bet is to simply buy your own tablet if you want to surf independently of your company equipment. You don't have to have another iPad. There're plenty of dirt cheap ones around if all you want is a browser.

OP
R

rub198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Just reread your question. If you are using the hotspot feature of the iPad, it has it's own access to the internet and doesn't go through the router, except for access to the network at the end of the vpn.

So, unless you have to turn your iPad in every now and then, you can pretty well do what you want. HOWEVER, your data use could be monitored if someone else is paying the bill, and the ISP could give the information as to what your SIM card has been used for.

Best bet is to simply buy your own tablet if you want to surf independently of your company equipment. You don't have to have another iPad. There're plenty of dirt cheap ones around if all you want is a browser.

I'm a guest right now and they give me the key or password to connect in the house wifi. I 'think' they are see my ipad history browsing from his pc.I install the hotspot VPN, but I want feel secure nobody are watching my stuffs.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a guest right now and they give me the key or password to connect in the house wifi. I 'think' they are see my ipad history browsing from his pc.I install the hotspot VPN, but I want feel secure nobody are watching my stuffs.

Lolz
Yeah if they (router owners) gave you a guest login and password they should be smart enough to log your ip & cache history.
Through their router. They may not block you from sites, but they know where you go.
You can wipe your browsing/cache history from your ipad but if they reconcile your ipad host name & Access point access against The router, they'll know... Lolz

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lolz
Yeah if they (router owners) gave you a guest login and password they should be smart enough to log your ip & cache history.
Through their router. They may not block you from sites, but they know where you go.
You can wipe your browsing/cache history from your ipad but if they reconcile your ipad host name & Access point access against The router, they'll know... Lolz

So what is the purpose of tracking packet targets on a home router? If someone was hijacking your connection then set up a strong secure password and MAC filtering, hide the SSID and no need to spend the day deciding who is going where.
If someone set you up a guest account and you are worried they are tracking you just think - they are close enough to 'listen in' and see everything you do (I am assuming that if they are the spying type your data is unencrypted on the guest connection as well)

Last edited:
OP
R

rub198

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So,, the best for me is no use that router?!! And be happy

Most reactions

Latest posts