What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digitalizer Help??

Javier_gut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having some problems with my iPad 2 touch screen there is a part in the screen that stops working or starts acting alone it opens apps that are located in that frame of the screen, sometimes it changes from app to app. This doesn't happen always, somedays it works perfect and some days it doesn't. The frame that doesn't work is about one inch wide. I ask around to see what was the problem and they told me that I had to change the digitalizer since my warranty was expired and it cost a lot to buy a new one. I changed the digitalizer and at first it worked fine but then the same problem started the wierd part was that the part of the new screen that didn't work was exactly the same as the old screen. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what might be happening if the problems is the digitalizer connector.

Thanks

Shag_Nasty718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having some problems with my iPad 2 touch screen there is a part in the screen that stops working or starts acting alone it opens apps that are located in that frame of the screen, sometimes it changes from app to app. This doesn't happen always, somedays it works perfect and some days it doesn't. The frame that doesn't work is about one inch wide. I ask around to see what was the problem and they told me that I had to change the digitalizer since my warranty was expired and it cost a lot to buy a new one. I changed the digitalizer and at first it worked fine but then the same problem started the wierd part was that the part of the new screen that didn't work was exactly the same as the old screen. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what might be happening if the problems is the digitalizer connector.

Thanks

Did the Ipad ever get wet? Could be a short but you should def pop it back open and check the connector.

OP
J

Javier_gut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shag_Nasty718 said:
Did the Ipad ever get wet? Could be a short but you should def pop it back open and check the connector.

Thanks for your help, it never go wet but maybe humidity made a short. Do you know if this connector can be fixed or do I have to buy a new one.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Javier_gut said:
Thanks for your help, it never go wet but maybe humidity made a short. Do you know if this connector can be fixed or do I have to buy a new one.

Try re-seating the connector first.

OP
J

Javier_gut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Try re-seating the connector first.

I re-seated the connector and it still not working that part of the sceen could it be a problem with the main board ??

Most reactions

Latest posts