What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital AV Adapter help

macfoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got one of the Apple Digital AV Adapter tried it on my TV tonight and it will not show up on it
The make of my tv is an LG with 2x hdmi sockets on it
Any help with this do I need to do any thinks with setting etc ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Macfoot - let's just start w/ the basics: 1) Do you have the HDMI adapter shown below (note the black connector is the HDMI cable which goes to your HDTV; the other is for power to the iPad 10W adapter); 2) Is the HDMI cable attached to one of the HDMI ports of your TV; and 3) Have you selected the connected HDMI source input on your TV?

Please check and respond if you have performed all of these steps correctly - it's the connection I use w/o a problem - good luck! :)

accessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg

Last edited:

mpwg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've connected my iPad-2 with the adapter above, and it shows up well on my Philips TV... However, my iPhone 4 (ios 5.1) doesn'tgive any signal on the screen. My cousin's iPhone 4 @ ios5.1 gives the same result; no visual....

Any idea's or threads found with this topic...?

Kind regards,

Michael.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've connected my iPad-2 with the adapter above, and it shows up well on my Philips TV... However, my iPhone 4 (ios 5.1) doesn't give any signal on the screen. My cousin's iPhone 4 @ ios5.1 gives the same result; no visual....

Hi Michael - I don't own an iPhone, just the iPad2 w/ the HDMI adapter. But your issue above w/ the iPhone 4 peaked my interest so did a little searching on the web.

Apparently, this appears to be a confusing problem w/ the iPhone with conflicting opinions, e.g. checkout this Apple Support Forum discussion from a year ago which implied that the HDMI cable will not work on the iPhone or iPod Touch, although some responders indicated success w/ the HMDI connection?

In another THREAD HERE, a tutorial describes how to use the HDMI cable on the iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4G, but only if the device is jailbroken!

So I'll be quite curious to hear from other members here who own these Apple non-iPad devices & the HDMI adapter - are there 'newer' featurs in iOS 5.x that permit this feature? :)

Most reactions

Latest posts