What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Differernt browser

S_krystal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to know if there was a different browser that I could use to open a web site that requires java it also says safari not supported. It is a college web ct website. I just wanted to know if there was any way around this.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic browser or chromy might do it, go into their settings as where it says "show as" pick a browser not safari mobile, that may work

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Neither of those will support Java.

iSwifter, Skyfire, and Puffin are browsers meant to support Flash sites. They are not spectacular, but they will probably work at least to some degree with your site. Opera Mini (free) may also work.

All these browses work at least partially on remote serves, which is how they get around the iPad's lack of support for Flash and Java.

The other choice is to browse using desktop computer through a remote client on the iPad. Splashtop works well and it is cheap. Of course that means you need a dedicated desktop that is always online when you need it, but if you can swing that it's the most versatile solution.

Most reactions