What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Val70 said:
My son bought it for me for my 70th birthday.
It was not flowers or knitted bed socks for me. He and I both like techie things. Best birthday present I have ever had!

Wow lucky :)

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i can afford to i'll buy one for my dad..but knowing him he'll get one himself before then haha. although he did just get a samsung galaxy sII lol

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Val70 said:
My son bought it for me for my 70th birthday.
It was not flowers or knitted bed socks for me. He and I both like techie things. Best birthday present I have ever had!

Val70, I think that means you and your son are wicked cool. My father is 78 yrs old and he would have no clue what to do with an iPad.

vcom91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine but my parents and girlfriend helped me out for my birthday so kind of both!

macluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My work bought it for me so I guess it was some kind of gift

Best regards!

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to say... My car was slightly rear ended and the insurance company sent me compensation so I purchased an iBumper.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

maykover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both.

Was suppose to get it as a gift but I said I wanted iPad2 so my ex gave me a gift card because they did not want me to spend the cash. Now that I think about it, should have had them buy it so then I wouldn't have to pay the difference... Then again, glad I waited and bought it day of iPad 2 release date!! ;-)

BLACK of course!

Pcgeek12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A very cool gift!

I received mine from my uncle! The only thing I regret is not trading it in for the 32 GB as 16 is not enough with 9000 songs and quite a few movies. Also, I'm looking for a better case for my iPad (first gen, 16 GB). Anyone have any ideas?

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I don't know which way to vote.
It may be a simple task for everybody else but I'm a sneaky Bar Steward so normal rules don't apply.
Our daughter in law has an iPad 1 64gb wi-fi. She has had it for about a year and she and our boy use it for everything with a hefty slant on work. We visited them in June (they live a long way away) and I said to her, "If your iPad broke and became unusable, would you buy another iPad or a decent laptop?"
Without hesitation, she said that she would buy another iPad, and what's more, she would take a morning off work to go and get it. That was enough.
The problem was that I have just bought myself a new Mac Mini Aluminium, an Advent net-book and to top it off, a Jaguar XJ6 so another Boy's Toy was out of the question.
So I went to the Southampton Apple store and bought a white iPad 2 with 32gb and wi-fi. I had it wrapped in pink paper with a card that's to mushy for this forum. Then I gave it to my wife.
I ain't dumb. I knew that within 2 weeks she would admit defeat and pass it over to me to use.
So, you see, I bought it as a present for somebody else but I also knew that it would soon be mine.
How should I vote??:)

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I received mine from my uncle! The only thing I regret is not trading it in for the 32 GB as 16 is not enough with 9000 songs and quite a few movies. Also, I'm looking for a better case for my iPad (first gen, 16 GB). Anyone have any ideas?

Hi there,
No offence intended but I can never understand the people who say they should have got an iPad with a bigger hard drive. Why? Why the need to carry round thousands of songs and dozens of movies?
Why not just store the film or films that you may want to watch THAT DAY and store the rest in iTunes? Same with the music. That way you will always have plenty of space if you need it.
If push comes to shove, store your music on an SD card and carry an iPad SD card reader round with you + an 8 gb SD card. It may even work for movies as well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi there,
No offence intended but I can never understand the people who say they should have got an iPad with a bigger hard drive. Why? Why the need to carry round thousands of songs and dozens of movies?
Why not just store the film or films that you may want to watch THAT DAY and store the rest in iTunes? Same with the music. That way you will always have plenty of space if you need it.
If push comes to shove, store your music on an SD card and carry an iPad SD card reader round with you + an 8 gb SD card. It may even work for movies as well.

Why? Because I like having all my music available whenever I like, without loading and offloading. Because I can. Because I can leave home for weeks or months and have all my music with me. If I could take all my books and movies, I'd do that, too. I'm not interested in using an SD card reader.

Came010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5teve said:
Hi there,

Hi, can you store info on an SD card on iPad 1? How would you do it?

Most reactions