What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad disapoint you?

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping that they had more content available for it at the time of the unveiling. Like magazines and more news type media.

Other than that quit impressed. Very elegant machine.

As far as Flash I'm with Steve Jobs. The heck with Flash. HTML5 is the way to go. Other web sites are will be switching over from flash like Hulu.

Apple rules

They'd have had a lot more content if the iPad supported Flash.

Flash will continue to be dominant for quite some time as long as IE doesn't support large chunks of HTML5. Flash will continue to be the first choice of media owners who create content for devices with iPad size screens (i.e. laptops/netbooks) because it is more ubiquitous than anything else. And the media need eyeballs if they're to able to afford to create content that warrants some kind of video player (and judging by what I heard at a recent conference I attended there's going to be a lot more video content on publishers' websites).

If the iPad becomes a huge success then there'll be an explosion of content, but that success is far from guaranteed when mac devotees like me are looking over the fence to see if the grass is greener with the competition.

Most reactions

Latest posts