What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad 4 announcement surprise you?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
I disagree. Some people like myself enjoy new technology. I never tell anyone that I'm buying the new iPad or iPhone and only share my enthusiasm with what I believe are others who enjoy technology too (eg IPad Forums). Technology moves on all the time eg 4G has just become available in the UK. It's hardly "showing off" to want to make use of these new innovations in technology.

Besides, once you get an iPad in a cover it is really hard to tell what you are carrying, much less the model! I made a mistake of getting the same cover for my iPad2 and the next gen iPad. I had to change the lock screen so that I can quickly see which is which.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with Johnny and Col.bris. The iPad 3 is still great. Why try to get the newest all the time. I think it's the old argument where some people say look at me, I've got the latest thing and you've got the oldest. It's just showing off. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you enjoy what you have. Most people miss a gen and get the next one. iPad 5 or 6 will still come along and we will have this little discussion again. Apple are keeping up with the competition. Just get over yourselves.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Why would assume someone got something new to be showing off? Not everyone has the same values about tech. The best any of us can do is to do what is best for ourselves and let others do the same, rather than assuming one knows the motivations of another. Everyone can spend their money the way she/he sees fit and should not be judging the actions of others.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with Johnny and Col.bris. The iPad 3 is still great. Why try to get the newest all the time. I think it's the old argument where some people say look at me, I've got the latest thing and you've got the oldest. It's just showing off. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you enjoy what you have. Most people miss a gen and get the next one. iPad 5 or 6 will still come along and we will have this little discussion again. Apple are keeping up with the competition. Just get over yourselves.

By this reasoning, are you showing off whenever you get a new device?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised by the amount of changes, but the fact that the larger iPad was only thing still with the 30 pin connnector, made me wonder if Apple was going to wait until spring to release an update.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised but it turns out I am really glad. I was waiting to buy my iPad until the mini was released in case I just had to have it. When I saw that the mini wasn't quite what I needed, I got the opportunity to buy an even better iPad than I expected. The 3rd generation would still have been a good purchase.

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

robnet77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it was such a disappointing surprise for me, but at least it motivated me to jailbreak my ipad and I have found out that a JB ipad has its... advantages over a regular one.
Thank you Apple.

Bestplay3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not owning an iPad and looking forward to Black Friday (I've ordered one now!) it was great for me!

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems everyone upgrades way to often. I bought an iPad 1 and stuck with it until last week. I ignored all the hype of the iPad II and III. I simply waited for my iPad I to become slow clunky and crash prone. At that juncture I looked at iPad and Android and it was clear Apple was still the best so I went to an iPad 4. Needless to say I don't feel surprised or ripped off; rather this is a wonderful upgrade and I'm quite pleased I ignored all the little stop gaps that everyone waisted their money on because they had to have the latest :)

Most reactions