What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did apple charge your credit card today ??? They did mine

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember wayyyyyyy back in the earlier days of dialup internet, when much of the online world subscribed to access through AOL? Steve Case and company dropped the per-hour pricing structure and went to 'unlimited' access for a set fee. In just a week or so, AOL was so overloaded that the service produced nothing but busy signals and that awful modem squeal trying to connect. Customers were furious. Class-action suits were brewing. AOL fixed the problem by expanding its network and once again providing reasonable service. I'm assuming that AT&T would have to do likewise if the sudden sign-on of 3G iPads overwhelms its service.

AT&T needed to expand their network years ago, what makes you think they will start now? They stopped selling iPhones in ny because they couldn't handle the load...imagine once the ipads get switched on...

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orders on 3-13 and 4-3. Both orders show as being reserved on my card - ie the available balance is $1800 less than the actual balance. It's been that way for 3 days. 2 nights ago my cards fraud alert group called to verify the charges.

Kinda weird they haven't taken the money yet.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered on 3/12 5:50AM
My card was finally charged last night. :)
My camera connection kit should be here later today.

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3/12 too - the charges have been pending for about 3 days now - no phone calls, no charges have hit yet. I am getting nervous - I wish they would just take the money. I am soooo excited I may have to take next Friday off.....

Question - are the directions for set up simple? I am new to Apple - should I take advantage of Applecare and call them to have me walk through everything? I am worried I will not manage downloading everything from itunes properly. On my itouch I have loads of music and several movies. I only want the photos on the ipad, I don't want to put my music on it. I hope it is simple to separate the tasks.

Has ipad for Dummies come out yet???
cheers everyone!

Nel727

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 1 on 4/08 and another 2 on 4/14 (different card and apple id); cc charges on all showing "pending" as of today.

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3/12 too - the charges have been pending for about 3 days now - no phone calls, no charges have hit yet. I am getting nervous - I wish they would just take the money. I am soooo excited I may have to take next Friday off.....

Question - are the directions for set up simple? I am new to Apple - should I take advantage of Applecare and call them to have me walk through everything? I am worried I will not manage downloading everything from itunes properly. On my itouch I have loads of music and several movies. I only want the photos on the ipad, I don't want to put my music on it. I hope it is simple to separate the tasks.

Has ipad for Dummies come out yet???
cheers everyone!

You know - that's a good question. Can someone who bought the wifi only version give us a 20 thousand foot level view of the initial set-up? I remember hearing that the initial sync tool a looooong time. Someone let us know what to expect. Thanks

dionnfr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is showing pending also, checked with Apple and the confirmed I would have my 3g by April 30.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, you plug it in and iTunes does the rest. Takes like 2 minutes.

That's funny - I remember the posts on this site April 3rd when the units were getting delivered in the AM -- and people we're posting that "it's STILL syncing with iTunes" and "it's taking forever". Just thought I would ask.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that I can wait until sometime during the 1st 2 weeks of May and then just walk into a local Apple store and buy one.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, you plug it in and iTunes does the rest. Takes like 2 minutes.

That's funny - I remember the posts on this site April 3rd when the units were getting delivered in the AM -- and people we're posting that "it's STILL syncing with iTunes" and "it's taking forever". Just thought I would ask.

If you tell it to just dump everything you have (apps, tunes, movies, photos, contacts) yes it will take forever to sync. Best way to do it is to turn off auto sync. Then set music to manual, so you can drag in what you want, then set up photos how you want it, and also have videos manual so you can drag them in. Then turn on app sync and tell it which apps you would like to sync (iPhone apps are pretty useless unless they are audio only or are something you are anxiously waiting on an iPad version.) if you already downloaded some iPad apps go ahead and sync them too.

You should be up and running pretty fast doing it that way.

nzahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had to reply to EDLEX....I thought I was the only one with this horrible obsession of hunting information when we already really know! I can't stand it anymore.....the week won't pass fast enough.....I have soooooo many apps already for download and use!! AUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH.......

Most reactions