1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Did any body have problem with the gps ability of ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ksfr, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ksfr

ksfr iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I am having an Ipad 2 wifi 32 without 3G.
    Until to update to IOS 4.3.3 all the gps based apps were running perfectly but not now.
    Any sharing on this subject wouldbe great.
    Solutions are mostly welcome.
    Thanks
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    The WiFi-only iPad does not have GPS because some of the GPS functionality is shared with the 3G electronics. A WiFi-only iPad 'tries' to determine its location with reference to a database of WiFi hotspots but, if it's not in contact with WiFi or the WiFi is not in the database, it's unable to determine its location.

Tim
  3. appleeater

appleeater iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes.

As the iPad has no usable Bluetooth (only for BT earbuds and another Apple only devices but not a Macbook) I cannot use my BT GPS.
    A JB iPad is able to support this as there is a Cydia app which allows using 'normal' BT.