1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Dictation

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by mmnlinar, Jun 15, 2012.

1. mmnlinar

mmnlinar iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having a lot of fun discovering the functionality of the dictation function.
    At the University I teach, we are branching out into iPad 3s.
    Many people want to immediately buy an external keyboard which may have its use.
    I am resistant to such a purchase until we attempt to employ all the mobility functionality embedded in the machine.

Sent ML-iPad
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914 / 1
    I'm also playing with it. While it looks like it could help speed up text entry in some cases, it's not going to replace an external keyboard. At least not for someone at least semi-proficient at touch typing.

Come play with us in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/79928-playing-dictation.html

No better way to evaluate the viability of the feature than forcing yourself to use it, not just as a test, but to actually communicate.