What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation Apps

wallacejj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got Dictation by Dragon; it does not seem to work very well, I have yet to go more than 6 words without error it will not recognize can;put;jump any of those words i tried many times and it wont Does any one know of a Dictation APP that is just LOVELY and works and stuff!! thanks Jeff my 1st post here be gentle!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Dragon Dictation is the best you can get.
They have been doing speech recognition for many many years for both PC and Mac.

You will need to speak clearly, loud and in a certain way to get it to work well. For the most part it works great for me. Then again I don't really use it much. Mostly the dictation search app.

I'm Shocked that they are offering it for free on the iphone/ipad. There products are normally super expansive. In the hundreds.

OP
W

wallacejj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think I could be more clear or reasonably load and I don't think I have any odd accent from Colorado; So please everyone just try it! does Dragon Dictation work well or not? try the word PUT put the word put in a paragraph about where you might put things

texaslonghorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a Texan with a bit of a drawl and it works pretty well for me. Generally not error free but I don't expect it to be. I do find that if I talk slower than normal, more errors appear. What I also find interesting is that when my kids play with it, it creates LOTS of errors. That makes me think that there may be some issues related to higher audio frequencies. I have a voice that is on the low side and my daughter is 10, with a much higher voice of course.

LiveAid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"put" works fine

I dont think I could be more clear or reasonably load and I don't think I have any odd accent from Colorado; So please everyone just try it! does Dragon Dictation work well or not? try the word PUT put the word put in a paragraph about where you might put things

I got Dragon yesterday. I just tried dictating a sentence with the word "put" in it. No problems! Maybe Colorado DOES have people with accents. Never knew that before!

liamjanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used this app quite a lot to send long emails and I find that you can actually be talking too loud. Mobile microphones aren't fantastic and they will start to distort at higher volumes which can give problems to the dictation app. I would imagine they tested the app with people speaking naturally so I'd say just speak at a normal volume in a quiet room and try to use "BBC English" haha.

Most reactions

Latest posts