What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dfu error

Max7150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wen i connect my ipad 4.2.1 to win pc n try to enter dfu mode using greenpoison error comes that pc is searchin for driver of apple mobile device n cannot find it...pls help..

OP
M

Max7150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i install those dfu mode device drivers on win pc??...coz while trying to enter dfu mode ipad is off so pc cannot detect it n thus cant install dfu drivers...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you enter DFU mode, the iPad is on, the screen is just off.
The iPad is alive and the computer should recognize the iPad and iTunes will freak out and want you to restore.

It might take a while for the drivers to be installed and if you have vista or seven (I think xp sp2 or 3 does automatic driver downloads) it will have to get the driver from windows update.

So follow the tutorial again, and this time, give it some time and let windows install the drivers. The iPad will not leave DFU unless you do the hold power and home button routine.

OP
M

Max7150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx a lot....finally got it...now will start njoying ipad...thanx a lot once again..!!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the whole reason for this forum,
People have problems and questions, we answer and help. :)

Enjoy your iPad!

rashidsharif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My uncle gift iphone 3g to me but it was carrier locked with at&t running IOS 4.2.1. After jail break and unlock i am using 3g with IOS 4.1. Now need to update with IOS 4.2.1 but in DFU mode sn0wbreez does not detecting my Iphone. showing cross sign. Can any one help me out how i will move on 4.2.1.
Current IOS 4.1.
Base Band 06.15.00
Regards

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My uncle gift iphone 3g to me but it was carrier locked with at&t running IOS 4.2.1. After jail break and unlock i am using 3g with IOS 4.1. Now need to update with IOS 4.2.1 but in DFU mode sn0wbreez does not detecting my Iphone. showing cross sign. Can any one help me out how i will move on 4.2.1.
Current IOS 4.1.
Base Band 06.15.00
Regards

rashidsharif: While we will always welcome you here, I'd recommend you visit our sister forum, iPhone Forum. That's the place where all the iPhone experts hang out. We really only do iPads here ...

So, I suggest you post your question there. I am sure someone will be able to help you out. Good luck.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rashidsharif said:
Current IOS 4.1.
Base Band 06.15.00
Regards

Snowwbreeze needs your device to be booted up to detect it.

Most reactions