What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not recognized via USB

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
substrance said:
Does it matter, its also not working on lion while my other two iPods are working on both windows and lion.

Well, I would be looking to get it working on at least one platform (of course I now have to admit that I missed the Lion reference in your first post!). I would strongly suggest that you only use one OS so if you tell us which machine (OS) you are going to use then maybe we can look further into it and come up with more suggestions.

The Archangel

OP
S

substrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would use lion, because on lion i managed to get it recognized (for 10seconds) more times then on windows, also i can see errors in lion Console.

I get this if i connect the ipad and its not recognized:
The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.

I get this if it was recognized and disconnects after ~10sec
Could not get public key from device: kAMDUndefinedError
iTunesHelper[178]: _AMDDeviceDetached (thread 0x7fff73ab1960): Device 'AMDevice 0x101a03d60 {UDID = ...
iTunes[225]: _NotificationSocketReadCallbackGCD (thread 0x7fff73ab1960): Unexpected connection closure...

OP
S

substrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried everything. I asked a guy from the second link if he resolved the problem, he answered:
"Yes. I took my ipad back to the shop and they replaced it with a new one. The USB port was faulty."

Damn, i sure hope thats not my problem as im out of warranty.
How did i even manage to update to ios5 if it a hardware problem.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
substrance said:
Tried everything. I asked a guy from the second link if he resolved the problem, he answered:
"Yes. I took my ipad back to the shop and they replaced it with a new one. The USB port was faulty."

Damn, i sure hope thats not my problem as im out of warranty.
How did i even manage to update to ios5 if it a hardware problem.

It may still be worth taking it in as Apple do have a tendency to try to help in these situations, you might be surprised.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts