What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device Instability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badluck Tobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I've some problems with my device. It's really unstable and unresponsive. Apps freeze and crash. Most of the time is Safari and Facebook. And sometime it freezes and even RESPRING! It got on my nerve. I don't know what causes the issue. I viewed log files and it felt like reading Chinese letters...

image.jpg

You can see. It crashes every single day.

image.jpg

I'm using iPad Mini, iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken.

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to iPF!

Please make sure that you do not have too many apps running in the background. This may be the reason for this problem.

TO FORCE CLOSE APPS : Perform a four finger upward swipe to reveal the multitasking toolbar. Then, perform an upward swipe on the app pictures (not icons) to close the apps.

If this does no work, you can always try a hard reset, to do which you need to press and hold the home and power button simultaneously for about 10-20 seconds until Apple logo appears. You will NOT loose any data.

Good luck! Please post back!

Have a nice time here!

OP
B

Badluck Tobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to iPF!

Please make sure that you do not have too many apps running in the background. This may be the reason for this problem.

TO FORCE CLOSE APPS : Perform a four finger upward swipe to reveal the multitasking toolbar. Then, perform an upward swipe on the app pictures (not icons) to close the apps.

If this does no work, you can always try a hard reset, to do which you need to press and hold the home and power button simultaneously for about 10-20 seconds until Apple logo appears. You will NOT loose any data.

Good luck! Please post back!

Have a nice time here!

Thanks for the response. Whenever I use my device, I only run one app at a time. And I also do a hard reset whenever it crashes too much. And I even did a restoration. Still can't solve the problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could very well be the Facebook app. Have you tried deleting it and then reinstalling it? I know there was an update for it just recently - could be it got messed up then...

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum! As you are Jailbroken I will transfer this to our Hacking Forum where the good folk there are better able to help you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, leelai - I was just coming back to do this (after I noticed the jail break info on a re-read...).

So, to add to my advice above:

If deleting and installing the Facebook app doesn't work, could you write us up a list of all the tweaks you have installed on the iPad. Hopefully, we then can see what might be the cause or issue of your crashing. Thanks.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, leelai - I was just coming back to do this (after I noticed the jail break info on a re-read...). So, to add to my advice above: If deleting and installing the Facebook app doesn't work, could you write us up a list of all the tweaks you have installed on the iPad. Hopefully, we then can see what might be the cause or issue of your crashing. Thanks. Marilyn

All good! I hadn't even seen you there Marilyn! ;)

OP
B

Badluck Tobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, leelai - I was just coming back to do this (after I noticed the jail break info on a re-read...).

So, to add to my advice above:

If deleting and installing the Facebook app doesn't work, could you write us up a list of all the tweaks you have installed on the iPad. Hopefully, we then can see what might be the cause or issue of your crashing. Thanks.

Marilyn

Thanks alot everyone. I feel very touched. Btw It's really funny as I've deleted the app so many times because I get mad alot :D And here's a list of all tweaks I've installed.

Activator
XXXXXXXXX
Animate Dock
XXXXXXXXX
Bloard
Colorflow
Cydia Substrate
Cylinder
Dockshift
iCleaner Pro
Icon Renamer
iFile
iOS 7+ Khmer Fonts
iOS 7+ Kmfix
iOS 7+ 5 Rows iPad Keyboard
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Poof
Powersaver
Purge
Solstice
Substrate Safe Mode
Swipe Selection Pro
Winterboard
Zeppelin

Moderation notice:This post has been edited by ipadforums staff in accordance with theForum RulesNo PIRACY References

Last edited by a moderator:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a native type EXC_CRASH, which means the app was demanding more resources than the iPad can reallocate and assign for it. I would say that the issue is most likely from media autoplaying itself or auto-caching immediately after opening the app, which is the one reason I don't use the Facebook app. Paper isn't as bad since it will only play if you're zoomed into that particular page with the video.

That could be the issue, or, the fact that you're a pirate is also the reason why you're receiving this issue. If you weren't stealing things, karma wouldn't come back to bite

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Last edited:
OP
B

Badluck Tobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a native type EXC_CRASH, which means the app was demanding more resources than the iPad can reallocate and assign for it. I would say that the issue is most likely from media autoplaying itself or auto-caching immediately after opening the app, which is the one reason I don't use the Facebook app. Paper isn't as bad since it will only play if you're zoomed into that particular page with the video.

That could be the issue, or, the fact that you're a pirate is also the reason why you're receiving this issue. If you weren't stealing things, karma wouldn't come back to bite

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Which means I'd better switch to Paper instead? And, I don't understand what you mean by "pirate". Is it because of XXXXXXXXXX?

Moderation notice:This post has been edited by ipadforums staff in accordance with theForum RulesNo PIRACY References

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither supports or condones it in any way and as such you will get no help here.

Jailbreaking and hacking is not an excuse to steal or pirate software! Don't be a PIRATE!

This thread is now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts