What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

developers Flash question

pieter_1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there,

I have adobe flash running on my acer laptop and was wandering. Is there any way that i can preview/debugg my app in an Ipad without having an apple developers licence. Also can i preview if my employer runs an Enterprice local app store. I just want to locally preview output my app build in flash from my Acer on the Ipad.

kind regards,

Pieter

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pieter_1976 said:
hi there,

I have adobe flash running on my acer laptop and was wandering. Is there any way that i can preview/debugg my app in an Ipad without having an apple developers licence. Also can i preview if my employer runs an Enterprice local app store. I just want to locally preview output my app build in flash from my Acer on the Ipad.

kind regards,

Pieter
I believe that you will need to be an app developer to do what you want to do, in regards to previewing and debugging your app.

Flash never has and never will run on iOS devices. For an explanation, read this thread and it's links. Several apps which can convert Flash to a form which can play on the iPad are recommended.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

tsworth61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm not sure what thread is best to ask this question but please redirect me if needed. I was able to click on links posted on my newsfeed that went to a YouTube video and was able to watch them with no problem until 2 days ago. Now it tells me to update my Adobe
which apparently is not possible. Did something change? I can still watch other things (but not all) on YouTube. I don't understand why I was able to watch the posted video links up until just the other day. Could I have changed something in my settings or preferences? I was playing around with those as I am still trying to become more "tech savvy" (which I am completely not!). I'm so frustrated! I would appreciate any help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsworth61 said:
Hi. I'm not sure what thread is best to ask this question but please redirect me if needed. I was able to click on links posted on my newsfeed that went to a YouTube video and was able to watch them with no problem until 2 days ago. Now it tells me to update my Adobe
which apparently is not possible. Did something change? I can still watch other things (but not all) on YouTube. I don't understand why I was able to watch the posted video links up until just the other day. Could I have changed something in my settings or preferences? I was playing around with those as I am still trying to become more "tech savvy" (which I am completely not!). I'm so frustrated! I would appreciate any help.
If you try looking at the video while in the YouTube app, you may find that it works.

tsworth61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am able to watch them from the YouTube app- thanks! Out of curiosity, do you know why I could watch them from a
link and now I can't? I would like to fix it if I could.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsworth61 said:
I am able to watch them from the YouTube app- thanks! Out of curiosity, do you know why I could watch them from a

I'm afraid not. Maybe one of the other members will be able to answer that.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The YouTube app 'filters' out Flash video and only displays YouTube video formats that will play on the iPad. If you can't watch a video from a link, it's because it is in Flash and there's nothing you can do about it... If some links did work for you and now they don't, I'm going to guess that the videos in those links were changed to Flash.

Note that quite often, duplicate videos are posted on YouTube.. Some of these dupes may be in Flash and others are in iPad friendly formats. Using the YouTube app will make sure you only see the 'friendly' versions so you can play them. You can confirm this by comparing the URL of your links to the URL of the video you are watching in the YouTube app....

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pieter_1976 said:
hi there,

kind regards,

Pieter

Like adobe flash cs6 to create apps? I created a few of my apps that way. The only way i know to test it on the ipad is to get fake certificates to export the app, and a jailbroken iPad to be able to install it

tsworth61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The YouTube app 'filters' out Flash video and only displays YouTube video formats that will play on the iPad. If you can't watch a video from a link, it's because it is in Flash and there's nothing you can do about it... If some links did work for you and now they don't, I'm going to guess that the videos in those links were changed to Flash.

Note that quite often, duplicate videos are posted on YouTube.. Some of these dupes may be in Flash and others are in iPad friendly formats. Using the YouTube app will make sure you only see the 'friendly' versions so you can play them. You can confirm this by comparing the URL of your links to the URL of the video you are watching in the YouTube app....

Thank you! I learned a lot from your explanation so I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

Latest posts