What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desktop picture won't scale - help please!

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Under iOS6.n I set my 3rd generation iPad Desktop with one of my own photos from iPhoto and I could centre and scale it to suit.

The picture had a slight blemish and I have today edited that out in iPhoto on my Mavericks iMac and tried to replace the old Desktop.

However, as before, when selected from iPhoto the photograph is off-centre and "too large" to fit the iPad's screen comfortably so I wish to Move and Scale it as invited on the desktop choose screen.

Well, I can centre it just fine and it stays where I put it, but it won't stay scaled.

I can pinch it to size but as soon as I let go of the pinch it springs back to the original "too large" a size.

How can I both retain the correct centre alignment and pinch it down to size so that the scaling is also retained?

Is this a bug/undocumented feature of iOS7.0.4 (or iOS7.n) or am I yet again being incedibly stupid and overlooking the blindingly obvious?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Under iOS6.n I set my 3rd generation iPad Desktop with one of my own photos from iPhoto and I could centre and scale it to suit. The picture had a slight blemish and I have today edited that out in iPhoto on my Mavericks iMac and tried to replace the old Desktop. However, as before, when selected from iPhoto the photograph is off-centre and "too large" to fit the iPad's screen comfortably so I wish to Move and Scale it as invited on the desktop choose screen. Well, I can centre it just fine and it stays where I put it, but it won't stay scaled. I can pinch it to size but as soon as I let go of the pinch it springs back to the original "too large" a size. How can I both retain the correct centre alignment and pinch it down to size so that the scaling is also retained? Is this a bug/undocumented feature of iOS7.0.4 (or iOS7.n) or am I yet again being incedibly stupid and overlooking the blindingly obvious?
This isn't a bug in the wallpaper selection process, it's supposed to be like that. The purpose of the enlargement of the image is to make sure there is enough picture area beyond the borders of the visible image to allow for the iOS 7 parallax effect without running out of picture area. If you want the smaller size, you'll have to use a photo editing app to do that before trying to use the photo as wallpaper.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks.

Another minor irritation of iOS7!

I'll get editing the picture elsewhere and then setting it as the desktop.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts