Denver Police Make an Arrest in the iPad Pinky Case

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Sonny Burnett, Apr 24, 2010.

1. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    He might have just been curious but then again, you don't wanna get your finger stripped to the bone. :eek:[/QUOTE]

i never carrying thing like the way the guy was carrying the bag..i carry my items in a daypack or in the sling bag leaveing my hands free to deal with the street rats.. ..to many years liveing in big urban centers where the street rats try and take things from people ..plus if you can get past the something i carry you can have the item that you worked hard for it ..when food shopping i take the buggy out to the car to deal with any problems that might come up ..

hollywood blvd is a stange place between the hours of dark and light or between the hours 7.pm to about 7.am in the morning ..he just stood out in the way he was looking the ipad and laptop ..he looking at like how much can i get for them look..

the guy stood out by his movements that put him on our radar..both dave and i are over the 6.ft range and both over the 200 pd mark ..so he was trying to figure it out if it was going to be worth trying to take it the items from us..

2. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Hollywood blvd is always a strange place!

3. rtking

rtking
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As soon as my iPad arrives on Friday, I'm taking it to get laser etched. I am toying with the idea to join Mobile Me as well, so if someone does steal it, I can track the unit and wipe it virtually.

#13 rtking, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking that I might get a back cover piece a little different than most. Somebody steals the iPad, I send a text message and the whole thing goes ballistic.

5. Sincere11105

Sincere11105
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have people look at me all the time when im using my iPad. I don't really pay mind to them. I need to stop using it outdoors because people are crazy. I don't know how people can do things like that.

6. lowlife

lowlife
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

Hahaha

7. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    If people are looking at you it could be for another reason as well, couldn't it?

8. robb25j

robb25j
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i carry mine all the time i ain't worried though i stay strapped ( a thief really need to ask himself is a ipad something i wanna die for?) you know we gun happy in texas

9. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    got love Texas and AZ for beening a couple of states where the people love the ways of the west when it comes to thiefs .. :D

my home is just outisde a small town there in AZ and i love the fact that i can carry my pistol with me and not one person freaks out like there do out in here in CA area ..