What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dented volume button area - attempted repair (pics)

andynrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dented volume button area - attempt repair? (pics)

Bought an iPad yesterday and already dropped it onto the side of my bed.

It has dented the volume button area, in particular the reduce volume area. I can't reduce the volume as the lower bit of the button is stuck but I can increase volume fine. It's not too servere, and looks like it could be pushed out somehow.

What do you recommend for fixing this? Can I attempt it myself? If so what's the best method? Or should I take it into a iPad repair shop?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 900
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 646
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bought an iPad yesterday and already dropped it onto the side of my bed.

It has dented the volume button area, in particular the reduce volume area. I can't reduce the volume as the lower bit of the button is stuck but I can increase volume fine. It's not too servere, and looks like it could be pushed out somehow.

What do you recommend for fixing this? Can I attempt it myself? If so what's the best method? Or should I take it into a iPad repair shop?

Thanks

I would definitely take it back to the shop first before you even touch the iPad. Quite a few members have been lucky for an exchange. your iPad is only a matter of a few days old and if you politely and honestly explain what happened, you may be lucky.

I believe if you bought it from an iPad store there is even a "cooling off" period, but there is a possibility that they may not accept the accident as being eligible for that. Even so you should have a good try first.

If it all fails, and Apple will not come to the party, I would still not try to jemmy anything back yourself. Take it back to an expert repairer. You may be surprised how relatively expensive that may be given other serious unpalatable options.
Regards, Andre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
A

andynrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would definitely take it back to the shop first before you even touch the iPad. Quite a few members have been lucky for an exchange. your iPad is only a matter of a few days old and if you politely and honestly explain what happened, you may be lucky.

I believe if you bought it from an iPad store there is even a "cooling off" period, but there is a possibility that they may not accept the accident as being eligible for that. Even so you should have a good try first.

If it all fails, and Apple will not come to the party, I would still not try to jemmy anything back yourself. Take it back to an expert repairer. You may be surprised how relatively expensive that may be given other serious unpalatable options.
Regards, Andre

Thanks for the reply. Bought it used so can't take back to Apple.
I've emailed a few repair places in London and waiting for reply. Surely can't be more than £40-50?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Bought it used so can't take back to Apple.
I've emailed a few repair places in London and waiting for reply. Surely can't be more than £40-50?

Sorry to hear of your limited options It's really a fairly small dent, so I would be surprised if it would cost you so much.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts