What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery status notification (failure) Mail issue! help

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I keep getting this error "Delivery status notification (failure)" everytime i try to send an e-mail i get this :/! I searched for this error but no one seems to be able to help me.
Please help, my ipad is like a work tool!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I keep getting this error "Delivery status notification (failure)" everytime i try to send an e-mail i get this :/! I searched for this error but no one seems to be able to help me.
Please help, my ipad is like a work tool!

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI using Tapatalk HD

I hope one of these suggestions will work for you:

1. Check your connection. Use Safari to open a web page.

2. Check your SMTP settings in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar - Accounts - your mail account.

3. Restart the iPad (turn off and on again).

4. Reboot your iPad (hold Home button and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears).

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What Johanna says about checking your SMTP settings is absolutely correct. You may find that you will have to reinstall your email account at worse.

OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again.

Safari connects to the internet and still cannot send e-mails, went to the SMTP settings and everything is ok, i did reboot my iPad and removed all the mail accounts, i have 3, icloud, gmail and hotmail, added them again but still not working :/.
Anything else i can try guys?

Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI

OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys i got a bit more of info...

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain hotmail.com by mx1.hotmail.com. [65.55.92.136].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

Hopefully some of you will know what this means. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mailbox unavailable:
9 times out of 10, this means "mailbox not found". It also could mean that there's a problem with your recipients account. Check to make sure that you have the e-mail address correct.

There could be several other issues why your problem is occurring, such as:

Mail rejected by Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation.

The mail server IP connecting to Hotmail has exhibited namespace mining behavior.

Your IP address appears to be an open proxy/relay.

A block has been placed against your IP address because of complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address

Last edited:
OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that's the case what should i do? Should i contact hotmail? Or whom am i supposed to e-mail?

Thank you for helping :)

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If that's the case what should i do? Should i contact hotmail? Or whom am i supposed to e-mail?

Thank you for helping :)

Before you do anything else, create a new gmail/hotmail account on your iPad. Use that to see if there is a problem by sending an email back to yourself. Also, as J.A says, make sure that the recipient to whom you sent the email that first highlighted the problem has no problem with his/her email account. I have found in the past that the port settings for my email account have not been correct. Check all, and I say all of your email account settings again. All in all, if you can establish that a fresh email account works then you are half way to a solution. It is all a process of elimination at this stage. J.A has given you all the possible reasons why email accounts fail. Go through eliminating each one.
Good luck.

OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Well guys i tried mostly everything, now i saw a post from another guy saying he had problems with gmail aswell. Im gonna contact gmail to see how they can help.
Still, thanks alot for your help!

OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys

Well just to say im able to send e-mails once again, i found this website called SMTP2GO, created a free account and changed my e-mail account settings, the free account allows you to send 20 e-mails a day, its not much but its fixed.
Thank you for help.

Regards

André

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Well just to say im able to send e-mails once again, i found this website called SMTP2GO, created a free account and changed my e-mail account settings, the free account allows you to send 20 e-mails a day, its not much but its fixed.
Thank you for help.

Regards

André

I'm glad you found a solution. Also, posting it here may help other members as well.

OP
Dedzdedz

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions