What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting unwanted publications from Newsstand

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Newsstand on my IPad.
I have put a couple of publications on it which I have subsequently decided I do not want.
In the interests of clearing up the clutter, how do I delete them?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You delete the magazine's app the same way you delete any other app. Tap and hold on one until they all start to jiggle, then tap the small (x) that appears at the icon's corner. Press the Home button to exit this mode.

However, this does not remove your subscription.

To remove the subscription (paid or not):

• Open the Newsstand.
  • Tap the Store button at the bottom left. (may be somewhere else if you are not on iOS 7)
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom of the store's page.
  • Tap on the Apple ID: (your email address) button.
  • Choose View Apple ID
  • Enter your Apple ID password when requested.
  • Tap Manage under the Subscriptions section.

Here you will see all your active and expired subscriptions.

• Tap on the magazine subscription(s) you want to stop and turn off Auto-Renew.

Any magazine you already paid for will still be available. No way to un-pay, even if you have not downloaded it yet, but you won't receive (or be charged for) any new magazines from that point forward.

You can also re-subscribe to magazines from here (provided they still exist), if you change your mind later and don't want to search the Newsstand store for them.

Note: You'll get the same options if you go to any of the store apps, tap your Apple ID, and chose View Apple ID. Just incase you have trouble going through the Newsstand app/folder oddity.

Last edited:
OP
Vagulus

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find a heading "My Alert
" and tap "Manage"

I am told I have not chosen to add any alerts ...

There doesn't seem to be anything about removing publication subscriptions.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I find a heading "My Alert
" and tap "Manage"

I am told I have not chosen to add any alerts ...

There doesn't seem to be anything about removing publication subscriptions.

That mean you have only downloaded the magazine. Only downloading it does not automatically make you subscribe to it. You are presented with subscribe plans when you open the magazine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open Newsstand. Tap and hold the magazine until it starts to jiggle. Tap the (x) that appears in the corner. When done deleting or moving things around press the Home button to exit this mode.

Most reactions