What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photos

Orchidman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all I'm glad I found this forum, my question is this.....how can you delete photos from the album that I imported from my PC??
I have an IPad 2 and a 3 .......help!!!!
Thanks

Joe

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orchidman said:
Hello all I'm glad I found this forum, my question is this.....how can you delete photos from the album that I imported from my PC??
Thanks

Joe

From the iPad simply swipe the desired photo to delete.

Bear in mind though if they still reside on the PC with iTunes next time you sync they will be recreated on the iPad unless you do a manual select/sync.

Also if you use photo stream I am not sure if you delete or hide pics appearing on your iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Joe - this is always a confusing issue, much of which IMO is Apple's doing and related to how the native Photo app functions - frustrating(ly)! :confused:

Below quoted is a response that I left recently in another thread - hope this might help; if not, please post back - good luck! :)

Not sure if the explanation suggested will address your question? If the existing album(s) is one that you synced w/ iTunes, then images cannot be added to them from the 'Camera Roll'; however, images in those synced albums can be added to ones created w/i the Photo app.

Now in the 'Camera Roll', you can follow the advice given, i.e. select the outgoing arrow (top right), check the image(s) you want to place in an existing or a new album (of course, only those created w/i the Photo app), then proceed w/ the 'Add To' selection.

Also, keep in mind that when you do place pics from the 'Camera Roll' into these Photo App created albums, only 'links' to the original images are made; if you delete an image(s) from the 'Camera Roll', its link(s) will also be erased - hope this helps!

LunarMoonBase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sometimes is not that simple as swiping on the device to delete it. I had some photos on an iPad that simply refused to delete. I had to sync it again with itunes to be able to delete them from the iTunes. I was never able to delete it from the device.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sometimes is not that simple as swiping on the device to delete it. I had some photos on an iPad that simply refused to delete. I had to sync it again with itunes to be able to delete them from the iTunes. I was never able to delete it from the device.

Yes, correct! :) If photos are added to the iPad by an iTunes sync and exist on your computer in a folder/album, then the images cannot be deleted from the iPad; however, these images can be added to 'Albums' created on the Photo app of the iPad (as explained in my quote previously). Now, if one wants to remove these 'synced' images from the iPad, the steps needed must be done on the computer.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
O

Orchidman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman
Thanks for the post, I called a friend and he gave me some good advice, here's what he said to do....open the album double click on the image and in the upper right corner is the trash can, simply click the trash can and it will prompt you for an answer," delete" click and it's gone.
Thanks for everyone' help

Joe

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giradman
Thanks for the post, I called a friend and he gave me some good advice, here's what he said to do....open the album double click on the image and in the upper right corner is the trash can, simply click the trash can and it will prompt you for an answer," delete" click and it's gone.
Thanks for everyone' help

Hi Joe,

Well, for the life of me, I cannot delete photos w/i an album that was synced from my computer; just as a visual explanation, below is a screenshot of my opened Photo app w/ 'albums' selected. Of course, the 'Camera Roll' & 'All Imported' (mainly from my digital camera) permit deletion of photos (which will be permanently erased from the iPad). The 'Test' album is one that I made w/i the photo app and images from any of the other albums can be added.

Now the albums labeled 'iPad Photos' & 'Kachinas' reside on my laptop's hard drive and are the ones that will sync w/ iTunes (I use the iPad one to add, or delete, only the photos I wish placed on the iPad from the computer) - w/i those albums I cannot find a way to delete the images from the iPad; now, these images can be added to other Photo app made albums, such as 'Test' in my case, and in those albums the image can be removed, i.e. the link to the image, however the original pic will remain in the synced album.

I may be 'missing something' but that is my understanding (at the moment) of how the Photo app functions - Dave :)

PhotoScreenShot.jpg

Hunter01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this forum looking for the very same fix. I too have tried all of the fix's sugested and have no luck deleting albums inported through ITUNEs from my laptop. This is very frustrating! I too scream for help.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to fix the delete from iTunes on your computer. Unselect the folder or photos you want deleted from the iPad. A sync should now delete them. While doing a back-up/sync go to the photos tab before the sync starts to change your synced photos selection. It will tell you whether it will remove now or next sync after you tap apply. ( I'm working from a long ago memory here so I hope I've remembered right.)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hunter01 said:
I found this forum looking for the very same fix. I too have tried all of the fix's sugested and have no luck deleting albums inported through ITUNEs from my laptop. This is very frustrating! I too scream for help.

Hi Hunter - please review my previous posts - the answer is there, i.e. you CANNOT delete images from albums imported from your computer into your iPad on the iPad - you must delete the images from your computer or uncheck the synced folders on your computer - that's your only option, sorry!

Reaction score
I'VE DONE IT!!!! I had this problem and it was driving me crazy. However I found out how to do it. What you need to do is create an empty folder on your PC and sync with that folder. I thought I'd be stuck with these dam photos on my iPad forever but it works.

Lizzie:)

Most reactions

Latest posts