What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting pages visited that can't be x off. Prob running in background

Redrosen1961

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use not have problems deleting sites visited. I used fingers and pushed upward till they appeared now I try and can't do it. Know there's many sites that don't have x to exit page like you tube. Now Iam not very savy when comes to pc and I need to learn lot about my I pad it is a I pad 1 or 2. I just under year. Can anyone understand what I mean an help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use not have problems deleting sites visited. I used fingers and pushed upward till they appeared now I try and can't do it. Know there's many sites that don't have x to exit page like you tube. Now Iam not very savy when comes to pc and I need to learn lot about my I pad it is a I pad 1 or 2. I just under year. Can anyone understand what I mean an help!
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Do you know which software version is installed on your device? You'll find it in Settings - General - About:

image-3934908260.jpg

Version:

image-2166931500.jpg

If it's more than 5.1.1, it's not an iPad 1.
Maybe you disabled Multitasking Gestures. To turn them on again, go to Settings - General:

image-2064751456.jpg

If your current software is iOS 7, force closing apps will work this way now:
Swipe or double tap to reveal the multitask bar, then slide thumbnails (pictures) above app icons towards the top of the screen:

image-191149140.jpg

You posted in Hacking forum, so I'm wondering if your device is jailbroken. If you don't know what that means, never mind. Then you supposedly have a stock iPad.

If my instructions don't help, you'll need to provide a bit more information.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're not able to close tabs in Safari, also go to Settings, this time Settings - Safari and clear history, cookies and data there:

image-3937219755.jpg

Hope that helps.

Most reactions