Deleting pages visited that can't be x off. Prob running in background

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Redrosen1961, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Redrosen1961

Redrosen1961
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I use not have problems deleting sites visited. I used fingers and pushed upward till they appeared now I try and can't do it. Know there's many sites that don't have x to exit page like you tube. Now Iam not very savy when comes to pc and I need to learn lot about my I pad it is a I pad 1 or 2. I just under year. Can anyone understand what I mean an help!

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

Do you know which software version is installed on your device? You'll find it in Settings - General - About:

image-3934908260.jpg

Version:

image-2166931500.jpg

If it's more than 5.1.1, it's not an iPad 1.
    Maybe you disabled Multitasking Gestures. To turn them on again, go to Settings - General:

image-2064751456.jpg

If your current software is iOS 7, force closing apps will work this way now:
    Swipe or double tap to reveal the multitask bar, then slide thumbnails (pictures) above app icons towards the top of the screen:

image-191149140.jpg

You posted in Hacking forum, so I'm wondering if your device is jailbroken. If you don't know what that means, never mind. Then you supposedly have a stock iPad.

If my instructions don't help, you'll need to provide a bit more information.

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you're not able to close tabs in Safari, also go to Settings, this time Settings - Safari and clear history, cookies and data there:

image-3937219755.jpg

Hope that helps.