What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting music from i pad

dalmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have problem and maybe someone know how to fix. My I pad is loaded with music ( I upload music when I get I pad from wife) over my PC and I tunes. Now I am far from home and I don't have possibility to connect to I tunes. Is it any other way to remove music from I pad so I can have free space on my IPad?

Thanks for your time and your replays

Dalmos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using iOS 5 and the new Music app you can delete songs directly from the iPad. I don't remember being able to do this in iOS 4.

When you are in the songs list view, just swipe across the song (as if you were crossing it out) and a delete button will appear. When you are in a thumbnail view like Albums or Artists, tap and hold on the thumbnail then tap the x that appears at the top left corner.

If you make a mistake you should be able to visit the iTunes Store and re-download the song or album.

OP
dalmos

dalmos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you are using iOS 5 and the new Music app you can delete songs directly from the iPad. I don't remember being able to do this in iOS 4.

When you are in the songs list view, just swipe across the song (as if you were crossing it out) and a delete button will appear. When you are in a ethumbnail view like Albums or Artists, tap and hold on the thumbnail then tap the x that appears at the top left corner.

If you make a mistake you should be able to visit the iTunes Store and re-download the song or album.

Thanks for help. I just try and it doesn work i using version 4.3.5 (8.L.1) i would like to update to 5.0 but i dont have i tunes and PC during next month. I work far from shore. Can i update to 5.0 version without i tunes?

Sorry if anyone already ask for this still learning way around this helpfull forum.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dalmos said:
Thanks for help. I just try and it doesn work i using version 4.3.5 (8.L.1) i would like to update to 5.0 but i dont have i tunes and PC during next month. I work far from shore. Can i update to 5.0 version without i tunes?

Sorry if anyone already ask for this still learning way around this helpfull forum.

Unfortunately not, the only way of getting iOS 5 is a direct plug in to iTunes. Sorry.

Sent via iPF from my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts