What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting mailbox folders

Gailcargile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some old folders in my mailbox folder tree that I want to delete. I've deleted them on my laptop and synced with IPad, but they did not delete. Please help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using IMAP on the iPad's native Mail app, then the iPad is simply a viewing window onto the folder structure on your mail server. You need to use webmail to go to your mail server and edit the folder structure there. The iPad will then reflect the change that you make on the email server.

Tim

OP
G

Gailcargile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim, but please stay with me on this...

I went to Settings and Mail, as I do use the original iPad mail version, and I went to Mail Account but I saw no options as you mentioned. Please explain how to alter the web server for my mailbox folders.

Thanks so much for helping me!

Gail

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
He means use a computer browser to go to the web site that you can read/view/edit your mail from. Delete the folders there, and they should automatically update on the iPad.

It might take a while when you first open the Mail app, so give it a chance.

Most reactions

Latest posts