What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting mail cache

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have an original Ipad pro 12.9 that is only 128 GB (the size of the originals before they increased to 256 GB later)—and got message today I was running out of storage. Took care of as much as possible (hoping there is a gen 3 12.9 at WWDC) but a persistent 8+ GB of mail persists. I have manually deleted several years of archived mail (I have 2 accounts, Charter and Gmail and in advanced set it for archived to be archived on server for both so this does mystify me a bit) and even deleted the Charter account thinking it would delete all data—but it repopulated as soon as I set up account again. I have this terrible feeling that the archived goes clear back to my Ipad 1 LOL. Any thought on controlling deleted email, cache? I’d appreciate any help. It looks to me as though regardless of how I set it up, that it is archiving in the Ipad. My Iphone has only 363mb in mail—for same accounts.

Most reactions

Latest posts