What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting individual bookmarks

Dean ax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The previous advise about dragging etc is no use on retina. All advise refers to iPad 2

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The previous advise about dragging etc is no use on retina

G'day Dean, and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure which previous advice you refer to, but if it is regarding a book mark you added to the reading list via Safari and want to now delete any item from that, the Retina screen does not hold you back from doing that.

Press the open-book symbol up top in Safari and then tap the reading-glasses symbol to bring up your saved reading list. Swipe a finger across the item you want to choof off and a red "Delete" button appears. Press that and that item has gone to that large library in the sky. Hope that is what you meant.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:
OP
D

Dean ax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Andrew I was not clear. It's all the stuff on the middle button like the history. To clear this do I have to clear it all like I am doing now.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Andrew I was not clear. It's all the stuff on the middle button like the history. To clear this do I have to clear it all like I am doing now.

Geez mate, you're not making it too easy! So far I've got "previous advice like dragging etc" and now "all the stuff in the middle button like history....clear it all like I am doing now"
Ok I'll keep guessing in the absence of some clearer explanations
If you are talking about clearing history of your searches that show up in the top row when you enter Safari, you can clear your search history by: Settings>Safari>Clear History and also Clear Cookies and Data (if you wish)
If that was not your problem, without writing an essay on it, can you be a bit more explicit?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dean ax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like ok Andrew I guess I'm vague. The middle line which is history and is brought up by what looks like a clock. This history can be deleted by the "clear history"button. I just wondered if I could delete individual items. give me up if this doesn't make sense.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dean ax said:
Like ok Andrew I guess I'm vague. The middle line which is history and is brought up by what looks like a clock. This history can be deleted by the "clear history"button. I just wondered if I could delete individual items. give me up if this doesn't make sense.

While you can indeed, delete individual bookmarks, it's different with your browsing history. In that case it's an all or nothing deal.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering.................why would you want to delete individual browsing history anyway? :eek:

OP
D

Dean ax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought sometimes handy for quick return to previous site

pat4lc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bless you, Andrew, for coming up with a way of finally cleaning up my reading list. Now can you explain how to delete toolbar items on the Retina iPad? I can't seem to find an Edit button and it looks like the Microsoft/Ie link is locked on there.

pat4lc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't ask me how but I figured it out. Even deleted that pesky Microsoft bookmark. Thanks anyway!

Pat

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't ask me how but I figured it out. Even deleted that pesky Microsoft bookmark. Thanks anyway!

Pat

G'day Pat, sorry I've been away for a while. Now back to say great! All's well that ends well! Geez, I've got to stop using those dreaded exclamation marks!!
All the best, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts