What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting icons

MddHtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize that to delete an icon you hold it down until you get a little x. But how do you delete the icons that don't produce an x? You can't even move them off the front page.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize that to delete an icon you hold it down until you get a little x. But how do you delete the icons that don't produce an x? You can't even move them off the front page.

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!

The apps that don't get the x, like Safari and App Store, can't be deleted. It should be possible to move them to another homescreen.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The stock apps can't be deleted, but some of them can be hidden. For example, if you go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off installing and deleting apps, the App Store icon disappears from the home screen.

image-2961421832.jpg

image-3323324145.jpg

image-193045552.jpg

Onthemove1971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently had a situation where my "stock"icons (Itunes, photos and apps app) got deleted. I know that the OP did not ask about that but there was an issue when the IOS 7 downloaded and they took away a number of stock Icons.

All I can say is I am so glad I had Apple care. It took almost 5 hours with an Apple Rep. to erase both my back up and current Ipad to fix the problem.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe for those of us who don't have your coverage, it's best to stay away from iOS7 until it's safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently had a situation where my "stock"icons (Itunes, photos and apps app) got deleted. I know that the OP did not ask about that but there was an issue when the IOS 7 downloaded and they took away a number of stock Icons.

All I can say is I am so glad I had Apple care. It took almost 5 hours with an Apple Rep. to erase both my back up and current Ipad to fix the problem.

Assuming that you have the proper app developer credentials to properly download the beta version of iOS 7, wouldn't this have been known to you? Just seems like you would get the details of each beta version when it goes into testing.

Most reactions

Latest posts