What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting iCloud content

gebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating between units with iCloud works fine. But when you by accident delete a file it is gone, and you have no dustbin to recover from. This is frustrating and dangerous. You don't take backups all the time. Thats why I use iCloud in the first place!!
Why can't there be a place where deleted stuff stays till you empty the bucket???? Or a regret button?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
when you are about to delete something from icloud, it prompts you with a message saying you are about to delete this from the icloud servece are you sure you want to continue? and you must click yes to confirm it.

when deleting from your computer it prompts you asking if you would like to only delete from the computer and keep a copy in icloud or delete it both from computer and icloud.

only way to delete unintentionaly is if you get click happy and just start clicking yes without reading.

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to delete everything from my contacts in the iCloud and then push all my contacts from my iPhone to the iCloud. After that I would like to keep the iCloud, iPad, and iPhone in sync. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thank you,
Ken

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe not the best advise but I think I would "delete iCloud account" from your devices. Then re-configure iCloud with your devices and only turn on the contacts(and/ or other options) on the device you want pushed to iCloud. keep In mind deleting the iCloud account will delete everything you have stored like backups, app document info Ect.

As an example, I have friends/ family and work associate contacts on my iPhone that's not backed up in iCloud. I don't want to mix these with my customer contacts so I have those on my iPad and since theirs so many more I have those backed up to iCloud.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
turn iCloud off on your devices.

then from iCloud.com delete the contacts in iclound.

when you turn iCloud back on for the device, the contacts in the device will be synced up to iCloud.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens if you have paid for a larger size cloud and you delete the account? I have a backup out there that I need to delete from my first gen ipad I am preparing to sell.

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My icloud is full and i assume its my recent,y taled videos. If I delete them from icloud will they still be on my ipad?

Most reactions

Latest posts