What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting from newsstand

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Each Newsstand entry is an app. The issues are contained inside the app.

The most common way to delete an issue is to open the app, go to whatever screen shows the available issues. At the point there is usually an Edit button. Tap it, select the issues you want to delete, and tap the red delete button. Alternately, tap and hold an issues's thumbnail. An (x) should appear at the top left corner of the thumbnail. Tap to delete that issue.

This is general advice. Each app is a bit different and may have slightly different ways of deleting issues. Experiment. You'll probably figure it out quickly enough.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Christine Good said:
Unfortunately I have no edit button and absolutely nothing happens when I tap,and hold.

Check the Restrictions in your Settings App, normally the cause of this is that there is a restriction set which stops you deleting from Newstand.

The Archangel

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Opened this thinking it was how to delete Newsstand. I've tried throwing newsstand into a folder to hide it, but it won't go in a folder either. Can I delete it, or hide it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scottysize said:
Opened this thinking it was how to delete Newsstand. I've tried throwing newsstand into a folder to hide it, but it won't go in a folder either. Can I delete it, or hide it?

You're right, it won't go into a folder. You can't delete it either, as it's one of the stock apps that come with the iPad. You could try putting it on the last home screen, where it'll be out of sight most of the time,

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so you want to delete the newstand instead of perticular subscription right i dont think thats possible its like trying to delete itunes intentionally.....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Christine Good said:
I don't want to delete newsstand just the issues of a magazine thatI have read. I haveno edit button and holding on the issue does nothing

Have you checked the Restictions in your Settings App.......I have seen this problem before and it was due to a restriction being set?

The Archangel

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes you better check your setting first then go to restrictions then see delete app yes or no :ipad-case:

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Christine Good said:
I don't want to delete newsstand just the issues of a magazine thatI have read. I haveno edit button and holding on the issue does nothing

I deleted one yesterday same way you delete an app.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're right, it won't go into a folder. You can't delete it either, as it's one of the stock apps that come with the iPad. You could try putting it on the last home screen, where it'll be out of sight most of the time,
Yup. That's what I did.

Most reactions

Latest posts