What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting from mail

Mac1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No matter what I do I can't delete messages from inbox , trash or junk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a mail on the screen (i.e. you're actually reading it) and press the trash can icon what happens then? When I do this I get a little (red) drop-down 'bubble' that asks me to confirm that I want to delete the email. Are you saying that you don't get the drop-down bubble or that there's no trash can icon?

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

Mac1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi ,
I press trash icon and red delete bubble appears , I press delete and this appears " unable to to move message the message could not be moved to the mailbox trash

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some other Forum members have suggested this as a way to fix the problem.

Several people have encountered the same problem.

'Settings' > 'Mail' > click on e-mail account > 'Advanced' > 'Deleted mailbox' > then touch the “Trash†box. Nothing will happen but it should solve your problem. No one seems to know why it works, but it's probably worth a try.

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

Mac1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

'Settings' > 'Mail' > click on e-mail account > 'Advanced' > 'Deleted mailbox' > then touch the “Trash” box. Nothing will happen but it should solve your problem. No one seems to know why it works, but it's probably worth a try.

Tim
Scotland

Hi tim
Will try and let you know

Thanks
Mac

OP
M

Mac1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

'Settings' > 'Mail' > click on e-mail account > 'Advanced' > 'Deleted mailbox' > then touch the “Trash” box. Nothing will happen but it should solve your problem. No one seems to know why it works, but it's probably worth a try.

Tim
Scotland

? Trash on the iPad or trash on the server

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want emails to be removed from your iPad's native Mail app's Trash, you can set this up in

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calander', 'Account', <select the account you want to modify>, 'Account', 'Advanced', 'Deleted Messages', 'Remove' and then select how frequently you want the messages to be automatically removed from your iPad's Mail app Trash box.

Tim
Scotland

LaineyJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have advanced option

I have two hotmail accounts and a yahoo account setup in Mail, however I don't see the Advanced option for any of
them. I'd also like my emails to delete from the server when viewing them on my iPad (also want to delete from laptop when viewing there). Thank you, Lainey.

Most reactions