What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting emails!

lorryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all..wonder if anyone can help me with the following...
I delete my emails and also empty trash and deleted from the server. But when I do a general search (iPad 3) all the emails are still listed there.
Any ideas how to 100% delete from entire system?
Lorraine

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also facing the same issue in deleting emails. But my mails are archiving instead of deleting them. I have tried several times but the problem remains same. It is so frustrating.

OP
L

lorryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes...that's what I mean...it's archiving the emails after they have been deleted..how do you delete the archive???
The accounts are Hotmail and iprimus...but it would do the same for any account.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email accounts behave differently depending on provider and how you set up the account. My archive automatically deletes itself from the bottom up, depending on time and quantity.

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here re deleting. My archived emails can be deleted but only one by one, unlesss I'm missing how. I've gotten to the point to just leave gmail up and use it instead. What's wrong with just having a simple delete function so email can be deleted as needed. This is my first apple device and something's I like and some I don't. This forum has been very helpful tho.

OP
L

lorryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi cbreze...can you tell me how you delete the archive one by one?

Most reactions

Latest posts