What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deleting emails and apps

Reaction score
can anyone help? Is it possible to delete emails en masse or do I have to bin them one at a time?
How do I delete an app that I no longer want?
Any advice appreciated:(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To delete an app, simply press and hold any app's icon on the Home screen until they all start to jiggle. Then touch the upper left hand corner of the app's icon that you want to delete. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete than app.

Deleting emails en masse cannot be done, but you don't need to open them. If you press the 'Edit' button in the left hand pane in the Mail app, then you can quickly mark the ones you want to delete and then delete all of those marked emails at once.

Tim

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Regarding your questions...without jail breaking your iPad you can't delete multiple emails all at once. However you can delete consecutive emails. With Mail open to the account in question tap on "Edit" at the top of the left-hand menu. Each message will have a small circle next to it. Simply tap on the circle next to each email you want to delete (you can scroll through all of the messages). Once you've done that tap on the red "Delete" button at the bottom of the left-hand menu.

To delete any app simply tap and hold the app's icon until it starts to jiggle. A circled "X" will appear in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on that and confirm that you want to delete the app. The app will still be available on iTunes. If you want to put it back the next time you sync with iTunes check the box next to the app's name/icon and it will be returned to your iPad. If you want to remove the app from iTunes click on "Apps" in the left-hand menu, click on the app in question and hit "Delete" on your keyboard, confirm that you want to delete the app and it will be removed completely.

Hope that helps.

Welcome again and enjoy!

EDIT: Ah...Tim beat me to it. Great minds do think alike!

OP
G
Reaction score
To delete an app, simply press and hold any app's icon on the Home screen until they all start to jiggle. Then touch the upper left hand corner of the app's icon that you want to delete. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete than app.

Deleting emails en masse cannot be done, but you don't need to open them. If you press the 'Edit' button in the left hand pane in the Mail app, then you can quickly mark the ones you want to delete and then delete all of those marked emails at once.

Tim
thanks so much guys for the help!

Most reactions