What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting email

Reaction score
Short answer: You can't.

There are two ways to delete emails from within the Mail app
-using the bin icon when the email is open
-press Edit and then mark each email, you want to delete. In Portrait mode, you would first have to tap Inboxes for the menu to appear, in landscape mode, it shows the Edit button directly.

These are the only ways of deleting mails. If they are not convenient enough, you could temporarily use webmail and delete the emails from there.

kgundry1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The responses didn't address the issue completely.
In Microsoft Outlook, highlighting a message in the inbox and pressing delete moves the message to the deleted items folder. Pressing control delete brings up the query whether you want to delete the message permanently, and if you respond "yes", it disappears without going into the deleted items folder.
As far as I can see, in iPad email, deleting a message moves it into trash, so if you want to get rid of it permanently, you have then to do a second deletion operation from the trash Am I mistaken? Is there a way to delete permanently in one operation?

Most reactions

Latest posts