What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting apps

dturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete a app that doesn't have an X on it I have 2 Apps for gmail one is the original app that I want to delete the other is the upgraded app

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete a app that doesn't have an X on it I have 2 Apps for gmail one is the original app that I want to delete the other is the upgraded app

Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you refer to this one

image-193379160.jpg

(Mail, not Gmail) with "the original app", then I have to tell you that you can't delete it. You could put this icon to a homescreen you use rarely, but it's impossible to delete it. Sorry!

Last edited:

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your device is jailbroke there are apps that will let you delete apps. There are also apps that will allow you to hid the apps you don't want. My iPhone I've hidden things like the news stand, stock ticker, weather etc. so I don't see them. They're still there but hidden.

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you can hide the weather and stock ticker apps now by creating a folder in newstand without a Jailbreaking?

Onswipe

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought you can hide the weather and stock ticker apps now by creating a folder in newstand without a Jailbreaking?

Onswipe

I wasn't aware of that. I'll try it out later.

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

kiaraelosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way you can delete the pre installed ones. I tried to delete it but to no luck. Not sure if jailbreaking can do the trick though.

leosevn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. You say 'put them in a folder'. How do I create folders for apps? Leo

Most reactions

Latest posts