What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting apps

johnsilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if its possible to delete some apps that are in my iCloud ?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always switch off Apps in your iCloud setting so it is not backed up each night when it charging from the main.

Go to your iPad settings...

iCloud> Storage and Backup> Manage Storage> iPad> Backup Option...turn off any apps that you don't want to back up to iCloud.

image-1755117249.jpg

I am also going to move this to the iCloud section.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
J

johnsilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, it's the apps that iv deleted from my ipad but are still on the iCloud that i want to delete, for example some magazines that i thought were free but you actually have to subscribe too

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, it's the apps that iv deleted from my ipad but are still on the iCloud that i want to delete, for example some magazines that i thought were free but you actually have to subscribe too

I'm not sure about magazines, but have you tried to delete your apps by connecting it to iTunes in your computer? That is the only way I know for sure to completely delete an app that way?

OP
J

johnsilver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's ok if backed up to computer, but they were backed up to icloud

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apps that only show up in iCloud (under your purchased apps) can not be deleted, because they are not really there. The App Store keeps a list of all apps you've ever purchased, so you can download them again free, if you like. That is what shows up in the App Store under Purchased. They take up none of your iCloud storage spaced. This is true of all your iStore purchased content.

Apps can be hidden from your Purchased list using iTunes on a computer, but I don't know of any way to do this from the iPad. Hidden apps are not deleted, and can un-hiddnen by going to your Apple ID account settings, again in iTunes on a computer.

Now, if you're talking about your iCloud backup file, the app should be removed from the list of backed up apps as soon as you do a new backup. If not, you can delete the old backup and create a new one manually. These options can be found under Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Mange Storage, then choose your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts