What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting a saved video?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is It possible & if so how to delete a video that has been saved to ipad. I saved a mission impossible ( irony in the title?) field to my ipad to watch while on holiday a while back. I watched it but now I'm trying to free up a bit of space & I can't find any way to delete it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is It possible & if so how to delete a video that has been saved to ipad. I saved a mission impossible ( irony in the title?) field to my ipad to watch while on holiday a while back. I watched it but now I'm trying to free up a bit of space & I can't find any way to delete it?
Deleting videos from the iPad has changed under iOS 7. To delete a video, go to Settings>General>Usage>Videos. Once the videos list opens, scroll down the list until you reach the video you wish to delete, then swipe from right to left until the delete button appears. Tap the button and the video will be deleted.

image-2993742258.jpg

image-1387890778.jpg

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, thanks but when I do that I get "no data" next to videos? Btw there is definitely data as I am able to replay the film no problems!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks but when I do that I get "no data" next to videos? Btw there is definitely data as I am able to replay the film no problems!
exactly how did you download this movie and what app do you go to when playing the movie? If you had downloaded the movie through iTunes, it would show in videos when checking on usage.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the videos app. Top right is the word edit. Press. Then press the X on the video you want yo delete, and confirm. Then click the word done at the top right.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try the videos app. Top right is the word edit. Press. Then press the X on the video you want yo delete, and confirm. Then click the word done at the top right. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
That's the second way of deleting items from your videos app.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive tried that! If I click on the videos app on the desktop I see the video details icon but no X comes up! It plays fine so it must still be there?
I think I used itunes via my computer to install the video in first place. I remember it took a long time & I had a lot of bother trying to enter a "digital copy"number or something from the DVD's case, if thats any help?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you imported the video with iTunes, you have to delete it there and then sync your iPad to it. Photos, videos synced through iTunes (computer) can't be deleted on an iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, if there is a cloud icon next tot he video, then it's not actually on the iPad anymore. It's just listed as something you can download again. You can turn this feature off in Settings > Videos, if you don't want to see your previously purchased (but not currently on the iPad) videos.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem There are movies I've downloaded to iTunes on my Windows 7 that either show up as "Family Movies" or "Movies" but won't synch to my iPad Air. It worked with my iPad 3.

Most reactions

Latest posts