What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting a saved photo

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I save an image from the web to photos it is placed in the saved photo file.
Great
Then I save to a new album
Great
But if I try to delete from the saved file it wants to delete all from the new album and the saved file.
Can I just keep in the new album?? And delete from the saved file???
Help gurus!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. Photos just creates a link to the original file. In order to get it into an album unlinked from the camera roll you'll have to do it the old fashioned way, copy it to the computer and sync it back via iTunes.

Despite the update, Photos is still a poor choice for managing all your photos without a computer involved. It's also 'still' only a so-so minimal needs choice with a computer involved.

I'm sure you know what the usual third party solutions are by now. I won't bore you with them. ;)

Copying it to the compute is still a good idea, whatever you do. Don't leave that important picture on just your iPad.

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks,
Sometimes you just need to hear it from a definitive source!
Will go the hard way !!!

Most reactions

Latest posts