What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting a Folder Full of Apps

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know of a tweak which allows you to delete a whole folder of apps by just deleting that folder?

Alternatively is there a tweak that allows you to delete multiple apps at once (similar to multi-icon mover)?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - on the stock iPad there is no 'tweak' for bulk deletion of apps from a folder, i.e. once you enter the folder and press on an app to cause each to 'jiggle', you'll need to either hit the 'X' to delete each or move them out of the folder if you want to save one or more; once all of the apps are removed from the folder w/ either method, the folder should just disappear. Sorry - but that is the only way @ the moment - Dave :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There used to be a tweak called "Android Delete" - but it's not been updated since iOS 5. I don't know of any other.

I think, for now, the best way to mass delete apps is to connect your iPad to iTunes and uncheck the apps you want to remove, then sync.

Marilyn

OhCarol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hamburg NY ~ a beautiful, small town just south of
I agree:
>Hold your finger on each app you want deleted until it shakes,
> then press the X in the upper left corner.

>If you want to save any apps to put it an another folder,
> put your finger on each one you want to save,
> then slide it outside the folder.

Once all of the apps are removed, the folder disappears.

You can also rename the folder by tapping the folder,
> put your finger on the title area
> tap the wheel gear at the right in the title area
> hold down the back space key to remove title
> type new title?Using caps uses more space as does punctuational such as , : etc.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I agree:
>Hold your finger on each app you want deleted until it shakes,
> then press the X in the upper left corner.

> ETC....................

Hello and welcome to the forum, but you simply repeated my post - ;)

I believe that Marilyn's alternate option below is the best advice for another way - I've viewed my apps numerous times on my computer but never had the need to use it for that purpose - Dave :)

I think, for now, the best way to mass delete apps is to connect your iPad to iTunes and uncheck the apps you want to remove, then sync.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts