What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting a Calendar Entry

Steed75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete event only when logged in icloud.com

Some events are added to your iCloud calendar, and you cannot then edit it directly on your iphone/ipad as usual (by editing or modifying the event and going down to the red button remove), you need to go on icloud.com -from a Pc or Mac, not from your ios device, and log in, and select the calendar icon: select the event you want to remove, and in the pop up window select "refused" instead of "accepted" (not sure if this is the correct words as my configuration is in French). this will remove the event from the calendar you have on your iphone/ipad ...

honkaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOLUTION: Remove repeated event in iPod / iPhone from .ics file

After working on this problem for an hour or two, I found a solution that may be applicable. First, a few details about my system / situation:

1) Windows machine & iPod Touch 2G running iOS4 - not using iCal (only syncing with Google calendar)
2) Don't remember exactly how, but downloaded a .ics file created by someone else and put it on my calendar. The calendar entry repeated indefinitely on my iPod calendar and was undeleteable, despite having deleted it on my Google calendar.

Solution:
1) Go to your google calendar
2) If you haven't already, delete the offending repeating event. You may need to have the person who created the event delete it, I don't know how the syncing between calendars works. The person who created my event had deleted theirs already, but the repeating event was still showing up.
3) Go to settings -> calendars
4) Click 'export calendars' to save your google calendar locally as an .ics. You might want to make sure it saves correctly somehow (i.e., open it with Outlook) because if it doesn't you'll lose your entire calendar.
5) Delete the offending Google calendar (not the .ics, the one in the browser). Note: If the offending event is in your principal calendar, you won't be able to delete the entire calendar, just the events in it, but this will work just fine.
6) Recreate the particular google calendar, if necessary.
7) Import the .ics file you saved off previously, saving the events in the pristine calendar.
8) The offending event is gone!! Once it syncs with your iPhone / iTouch, you shouldn't see it any more.

ZPad 3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the birthday also listed in your contacts under that person's name? If so, try removing that birthday information from your contact list.
Not sure if that will work, but can't hurt to try. :)

I had the same problem and deleted the birthday information from my contacts as suggested. Great advise and stress reliever!

tasama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to iCloud on my laptop and opened calendar. Clicked on invitation / appointment and hit delete. This deleted it from my iPhone calendar as well.

bruce_bach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's it -- thank you! Go to Contacts in Outlook, open the individual contact and click on Details, select Birthday and click on None.

jm202729

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can you help me guys? I'm wondering why my contact's birthday in my iPad and iPhone doesn't appear right in my calendar. It's always a day before. For example, my friend's birthday is march 30, and after syncing or merging with Icloud, it's suddenly became march 29 in my calendar and contacts...does anyone also experienced my concern? Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts