1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Deleting 2000 emails fastest

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jane mcmurray, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Jane mcmurray

Jane mcmurray iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How can I start with a clean slate with emails? I have mail and those I get through safari. Very confusing. I set up gmail but I also get mchsi mail. I have thousands of emails. I know how to delete one at a time INto garbage or edit check move to trash. This is taking forever. Is there an apple store near Venice Florida?
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    There is, it seems, no easy way to do this on the iPad itself. The iPad native 'Mail' app does not have a 'select all' option so, as you have noticed, you have to go through selecting them one at a time and then moving them all to Trash.

Previous posters and Forum members have found it easier to do on your service provider's mail server settings - i.e. 'Delete all emails older than' -> and selecting an appropriate time.

You can, of course, restrict the number of emails that the iPad displays, as I'm sure you know.

OK - I've not been of much help and I apologise for that, but thought you might like to know that other Forum members are having the same problem..

Tim
    Scotland
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Oh - and please accept my apologies - I forgot to welcome you to the Forum.

Tim
    Scotland
  4. Jane mcmurray

Jane mcmurray iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I appreciate your quick reply. My friends think I am techy but this is driving me nuts. My email is totally set up wrong
  5. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Yeah, it sux having to select emails one at a time to send to the trash BUT once they all in the trash, u can select delete all and it will do so.
    Also, I just thought of something else that might help/ be easier n faster. Let's say for example all these emails u speak of is thru aol. Well just go to aol website thru safari or 3rd party browser app. Pull up the mail on the browser. U gonna have to sign in to whatever email service on the browser u choose. Like for aol, all ur mail will pop up in the mailbox like when u do it on a desktop. There are boxes by all ur emails then there is a box at the very top. U click the empty box at the very top, and it will check off all of ur emails. Then select the delete button. Then it will ask u do u want to delete all selected. Press yes. Then it will delete. If u have that many emails, u probably gonna have multiple pages of emails. Just repeat process for each page of emails u have as this is wayyyy faster thn one at a time. Once done deleting, go to ur email trashcan, and empty it. This will permanently empty ur mailbox of emails u deleted.
  6. biobunny

biobunny iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Do it on a PC/Mac which should have a "select all" option and presume you want to delete most emails from your inbox, deselect the ones that you don't not want to delete.