What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deleted SD card when attempting to upload pictures

CMcKeever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening, I accidentally deleted my SD card last night when I was attempting to upload my photos from my camera to my iPad2. I need my photos back, please help me or provide some tutorial instructions as to how I can restore my photos? My husband searched and played with some software, but no luck. Please help? McKeever
:(

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean that you deleted the photos off of your SD card, you should be able to recover them. You should NOT use your SD card until you recover your photos. There are a number of computer applications that do a great job of locating photos on SD cards (even though you think they've been deleted, they are still there). PhotoRescue is a free program that works well. If you Google "photo recovery" or something of that nature you'll find a lot of others. All of them work with a basic SD card reader (connects to your computer with a USB cable. You can generally pick one up for about $10 or so.

The key is to not use the SD card. Don't put it in your camera and if you have, be sure not to turn the camera on...just remove it. Once you have the program on your computer open it, attach the card reader, insert the SD card and follow the instructions.

Did you happen to transfer any of the photos to your iPad? If so, you can move them to your computer...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1296

BTW, I'm moving this to the iPad Help section where it will likely get more attention.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have not deleted the images off the card all you have done is wiped out the FAT table.
First of all DO NOT use the card.
Second search the web for SD card rescue and recovery programs there are hundreds available some free and some you pay for. If you have a SanDisk card you can download a program called rescuePRO from SanDisk.
These issues crop up all the time on photography forums and it's easy to recover the files, in fact you will recover so much you will be horrified about what is actually there.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have not deleted the images off the card all you have done is wiped out the FAT table.
First of all DO NOT use the card.
Second search the web for SD card rescue and recovery programs there are hundreds available some free and some you pay for. If you have a SanDisk card you can download a program called rescuePRO from SanDisk.
These issues crop up all the time on photography forums and it's easy to recover the files, in fact you will recover so much you will be horrified about what is actually there.
Say, didn't I already say that? Great minds think alike! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts