What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted apps just WON'T GO AWAY!!!

Dazy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening all!
I am ready to toss my iPad 2 out the window. I have apps on there that I deleted but will not go away. They are now gray, and even when I long tap them to redelete them they stay on. I have backed up and synced my iPad and they still stay. OMG please someone help me before I scream!

Just an added note:
They are not in my iTunes account whatsoever. They don't exist on my iPad when I have it plugged in and updating on iTunes either. They are just on my iPad, greyed out. I can keep clicking the X and saying DELETE but they do not disappear.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to the App Store and re download the apps, then try again to delete them?

OP
D

Dazy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, good idea. I am trying that now. It has worked for some but not others. I will keep trying the ones that continue to stay gray until they finally disappear. Ugh what a pain since iOS 7. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, good idea. I am trying that now. It has worked for some but not others. I will keep trying the ones that continue to stay gray until they finally disappear. Ugh what a pain since iOS 7. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
I'm glad I could help, let us know if you manage to get the rest of the apps deleted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is probably too obvious, but have you tried restarting the iPad; hold down the power button and slide to turn off?

Grey app icons will often disappear when you do this, or if they were paused in downloading they will restart the download.

Another way to delete apps is to go to Settings > General > Usage, then wait for the apps to appear under the Storage header. You can tap on the app and choose to delete it. You may have to tap Show all Apps at the bottom to see the app you need.

Most reactions