What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delete/remove apps difficulties

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all.
My daughter 10 yrs old did something which I don't know which cause its ipds stopped allowing (us) to remove / unistall applications, I tried to reboot then retry did not work, now she has no disk space and start crying, I don't know what to do !.
Please help.
Thanks.:(

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like she enabled restrictions in Settings

OP
T

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI.

How to switch it back ?.

Thanks.

well, I read a post regarding setting restructions on/off, I started settings/general it doesn't show restrictions as it should be placed below Auto-lock, I got only Ipad Cover Lock / Unlock which is on ON mode.

This means restructions setting is hidden, I spoke to my child and she said that it was there sometime ago.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you are jail broken, the only way I know to hide this setting is through an enterprise profile, typically installed by your company if you access corporate email servers or networks.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you post a screen shot?

I've attached the standard views and would be curios to see what you are (or aren't in this case)

image-3173252168.png

image-1340905294.png

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See s there a few rare and isolated cases where restrictions options are not displaying for reasons other than a group policy within an enterprise.

I am presuming you do not have a SettingsGeneral/Profiles option correct?

In cases where the restrictions option by all indications should be present but is not a hard reset, an iPad restore, or a factory reset appears to be the progression of steps to remediate the problem.

Still looking around....will see what else I can find.

Was the iPad bought new? Was it a demo model?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Restrictions setting is below the cover lock setting not above it or in the set - auto-lock, pass code lock, cover lock.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is jail broken, which opens up a whole lot of reasons why you are unable to install or uninstall apps. However, I've never seen it where the restrictions line is gone entirely from the Settings app.

What version of iPad do you have and what iOS version is it running? In addition to the four Cydia tweaks that show in your screenshot, what other tweaks do you have installed?

Knowing the answer to those questions may help us help you. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since your iPad is jail broken, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the jail breaking section, where more people, who are familiar with jail breaking, can see it. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
T

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day.

Attached is ipad2 about screenshot :

Thanks.

Your iPad is jail broken, which opens up a whole lot of reasons why you are unable to install or uninstall apps. However, I've never seen it where the restrictions line is gone entirely from the Settings app.

What version of iPad do you have and what iOS version is it running? In addition to the four Cydia tweaks that show in your screenshot, what other tweaks do you have installed?

Knowing the answer to those questions may help us help you. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since your iPad is jail broken, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the jail breaking section, where more people, who are familiar with jail breaking, can see it. Thanks for your understanding.

Attachments

• IMG-20120512-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20120512-WA0000.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 198

Most reactions