What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete Photo in Camera Roll no Photo Stream

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 w/IOS 5

Turn on Photo Stream in iCloud Settings
Open Photo, 4 images in Photo Stream
Select the Camera Roll album & delete any photo
Select Photo Stream - no photos!

Turn off Photo Stream and turn on Photo Stream in Settings - images are now shown in Photo Stream.

Anyone one else experience same issues?

iPad has been restarted.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might be hitting a delay in the Photostream. Remember that it takes time for the Photostream to upload and download.

That's the only guess I have, and it's very much a guess.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish that was the issue, but it does not appear to be timing dependent. I guess I'll wait for a while for all the bug fixes and fixes to the bog fixes to get generated.

Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I got around to actually testing this, and could not reproduce it. I deleted everything in my camera roll, but my Photostream was unaffected.

Have you tried a reset?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do I lose when I do a reset? I do want to lose all my settings and preferences.

I turned off Photo Stream on all devices, Reset Photo Stream, and then turned all back on. Copied 1 image to PS. The MBA iPhone and iPhone Photo app see the image.

The iPad Photo app doe not see the image. Other apps on my iPad see the image (for example PS Express). Hence, it seems to be an issue with just the Photo app. I have reloaded the Photo app as well.

Thank you for the help.

Mike

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reset done. No image although I thought I saw the image for a microsecond when I opened Photo. Imagination? Tried a couple of more resets without success. PS Express still sees the image.

Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I deleted the PhotoMgrPro App and like magic it now works. I thought the sandbox concept was to not let one misbehaving app cause problems elsewhere.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. I'd have never thought of that.

The Photos app is an exception, sort of. The iOS includes a way for other (non-Apple) apps to have limited access the photo file space, which is why you can access and save photos from so many other apps. Still, it should not have done that. Be sure to send off a comment to the app developer, so they can try and fix it in their next update. Might not hurt to give feedback to Apple either.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
App developer and Apple feedback message:

After upgrading to IOS 5 on iPad 2 I was unable to get my images to show in Photo Steam in the Photo app. I did all the restarts, resets, etc. without success.

The Photo Stream images were available in the PS Express app.

When importing from Photo using Photo Manager Pro two Photo Streams were available, one with zero and the other with the correct number of images. Also, Photo Manager Pro hangs for a few seconds when it starts.

I deleted Photo Manager Pro and the images were immediately available in the Photo app Photo Stream.

App Name: Photo Manager Pro
App Version: 3.2.4
Model: iPad
System: iPhone OS 5.0
0 0

Mzvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accidentally deleted photo from Camera Roll while i did not ON the Photo Stream. Please help I need to recover

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the photos still show in the Photo Stream, click on the top right icon with an arrow coming out of a box.

It will show a new menu with "Select Photos" in the middle. Tap on each picture you want to copy back to your Camera Roll. Then at the top right click Save. Then click "Save to Camera Roll".

Easy as that :)

Most reactions